Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I am Healthy. I am Strong. I am Ready.

The week before this 1/2 marathon has been really hard.  I should be resting, but all I want to do is run.  I know it sounds strange, but once you get in a pattern, it is really hard to stop yourself from wanting to exercise.  I have had to force myself to do less so I can do more on Saturday.

This morning I woke up feeling awful, with a terrible headache.  All I could think of was, "Really?  Today?  This week?"  I tried to push through the day at work, but it got unbearable in the afternoon and I left work a little early to rest, knowing I had my last track workout tonight.  On my drive home, I began to think about what my running buddy Terri always reminds us on our runs.  She says us to say things in a positive way to our bodies.  So instead of saying, "I won't get sick," say, "I am healthy."  I tried it.  On the way home, I repeated, "I am healthy.  I am strong.  I am ready."  When I got home I slept for a few hours with those words on my mind.  I woke up 2.5 hours later feeling fantastic!  Thanks for the positive thinking Terri!!!

I headed to the track to run my last few miles at race pace.  It was great.  My legs felt refreshed and ready to go.  Not only was I at running race pace, I was running faster than race pace!  I did 4 miles including a warm-up and cool down.  I am feeling stronger than ever and I am ready to RACE on Saturday.  After track, my running buddies and I went to carb load at Flippin' Pizza down the street.  It was a great way to celebrate an amazing season!

Mile 1: 8:50
Mile 2: 8:45
Mile 3: 8:51
Mile 4: 9:35
Average Pace: 9:00

Getting Flippin' Pizza with my sister Jodi!

After our last winter 2012 track workout!
Some of the most amazing runners and people I know!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE RACING THIS WEEKEND!!!

I AM HEALTHY!  I AM STRONG! I AM READY TO ROCK 'N ROLL 13.1 MILES IN DC THIS WEEKEND!!!

No comments: